Pages

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

2

I don't know if you remember any more than I did that I had this blog. It astonishes me that it has been almost two years and I have not written in this piece of space meant just for me and my thoughts. 

Is there a survey somewhere that shows the number of people that begin a task and don't see it all the way through? I bet that number would be pretty high! I took a chance at typing it into google and this was the first thing that came up: 


Yeah, I'm pretty sure I don't have ADHD. Also, did you see how they spelled "undiagnosed"? That's a side note of the editor in me talking. 

So what do I write in a blog where I have two years to catch up on. Write a list. Specifically, a list of what is going on in my life now, because that is what my mind can remember best. 

1. I'M ENGAGED (April 6, 2013)


It happened on the beach, early evening, and it was amazing. So class and simple, just as I had dreamt about it. 

2. I'M ABOUT TO GRADUATE

3. I'M LOOKING FOR A JOB

4. I'M PLANNING A WEDDING

Do you get the idea that I have a lot to do? You are correct! My days are spent making lots of to-do lists, planning a future, and learning. 

I had been feeling really overwhelmed for a while, but recently (thank God), I've learned to calm down and enjoy this transition in my life as a blessing and not a curse. I love to control situations, but the world is teaching me quickly that overly planning does not mean stability. 

This is the motto in my life right now: When you plan, God's laugh. God must be having so much fun with me.

This is my prayer for my life right now: God grant me the serenity to accept the things I can't change, the courage to change the things that I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

You  know why I don't think I can keep a blog growing? There's no strategy. "Strategy" is a word that is used DAILY in my classes. 

If you want change, change your behavior. But before you change, you need to know what exactly you want. 

I don't know what I want yet out of the blog. Do I want to give people nutrition advice because that is my specialty that I don't get to use all the time? Do I want to just document my life? 

A blog needs a foundation, let's say a business plan. Whether or not a blog is used for a business, it could benefit from being built on top of a mission, vision, and goals. 

So, I"m going to start blogging again. But please excuse me as the posts will be random until I figure out my "strategy." 


No comments:

Post a Comment