Pages

Friday, July 22, 2011

Later

We tend to put such importance on the beginning and end of things, but we fail to notice that there are sunsets, stars, laughter, crying, and everything else in between. Whenever I hear the excuse "I'll do it later" when it comes to health I can't help but shake my head and pray.

It's easy to say you'll do something later, but today you're a living breathing ball of motivation waiting to burst. What will it take for you to get off of the chair and start moving? Will it be death, disease, loss of a job, pregnancy?

Everyday is a gift and just because you think it consists of a list of mundane tasks, in God's eyes it's just as special as all the other days. So why not agree with him and start taking care of yourself?

If you feel at a loss in the subject of health, I'll start you off with some key advice:

1. Treat your diet like a bank account: you get on average 1800 calories a day {$1800 in my book}. You need to learn how to distribute your money throughout the day so you won't be in debt at the end of it.

2. Exercise does not necessarily mean going to the gym. Sure, it's the fastest way to a result, but who says doing squats in the shower doesn't count either? My advice for the early stages: Just M.O.V.E

3. Have a gratitude journal. When we write in a journal we tend to reveal the worries and negative aspects haunting our everyday life. While that is a great way to relieve those stresses, too much of it could hinder your way of thinking. Each day try to write at least 3 things you're grateful for.

4. Find out your hobbies. From personal experience, this was a bit hard for me. Some of the things you think are hobbies, might just be something you to do pass the time. By definition a hobby is something you pursue as a form of pleasure and relaxation. If something is bringing you negative thoughts and it is completely optional, let it go. Once you find a hobby, truly enjoy it.

5. Live in the present. One of the all time hardest things to do if it's not in your personality. My main reason of why I'm such a future thinker is because I want to be prepared for any situation that comes my way. While it's great to prepare, it's even better to slow down, breathe, and take in what is going on around you in the present moment. I have this small sign in my room that helps me stay in the present moment.



Time waits for no man.

"Yesterday is History, Tomorrow a Mystery, Today is a Gift, Thats why it's called the Present"

No more "I'll do it later."

No comments:

Post a Comment