Pages

Monday, August 29, 2011

tired

I will admit, I am very tired.

I went to the dentist because my jaw was bothering me and left with a referral to get my wisdom teeth out and no answer really on what was wrong. I went to another dentist the day the pain shot up, and now I'm taking an antibiotic for an infection in my mouth. Acetaminophen and Ibuprofen have filled my stomach for the past week and my stomach isn't really happy. It's amazing how your body just slowly feels more and more tired when you feel sick. On a more positive note, my jaw feels better and I can move it around more.

I'm done with the first week of graduate school and I only have two things that worry me a little. One: the information. I've never studied business before, so to start learning it at a graduate level is proving to be hard. Not only do I need to study more, but I need to keep up with what the corporate and stock world is doing in real life since they are mentioned in class. Two: I'm a baby compared to everyone else. I've asked around and the youngest age I've heard is 27. I say I'm 23, but I'm banking on the fact that I will turn 24 next month. That's a little closer to 27 at least. I've come to terms with the fact I have to try and not let this affect me and focus on the fact that I love the school I'm going to, and even though I feel like I'm in over my head, it's nothing that more studying can't fix. I give myself at least 3 weeks to get fully used to the graduate school setting. It's definitely different!

My sister left for Italy last week as well. For four months. That's all I'll say about that.

Overall, I'm tired. It seems that in my life everything seems to be so calm and then the stressful events have to happen in bundles with 3 or more happening at the same time. After a few tears, some nervous stomach aches, and positive coaching, I feel like I'm at a better place mentally than I was in the middle of last week. It'll take time, but I want you to realize that even through stresses, you have to keep in your mind they will eventually fade. Just knowing that my sister will come back, graduate school will get easier, and my jaw will feel better eases my mind.

In these stressful times, try to do things that relax you! Work on what you can make better and if the stress is there to stay learn to work with it. Write some positive things about your stressful days and realize that God is giving you little happy moments to balance you off.

Choose 3 and write them down.
1. Tyler came to visit me this weekend.
2. I was able to chew food on the painful side of my mouth for the first time in a week yesterday.
3. One of my favorite desserts is in the house and it's a great break in my day to relax.

See! Just get past your bad thoughts and look for the positive ones that seem small. Am I still tired? yes. Am I still a bit stressed? yes. But I know it could be worse if I didn't at least try to change my attitude.

2 comments:

  1. Adriana,
    I'm so sorry that you're feeling stressed right now. I hope school calms down for you soon. I'm sure it's overwhelming at first. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I'm feeling better and school is calming down slowly, but surely.

    ReplyDelete