Pages

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

am i that interesting?

I've been having difficulty thinking of things to write on the blog. I told myself this blog would be mostly giving advice and using a small tid bit of my life to help prove my point. Every time I publish a new post, I check the statistics carefully of who is reading my site {don't worry no names are said just how many people viewed}, and where the people are clicking from. Usually it's a little bit of people, which is fine because this blog is new, and they almost all come from Facebook.

I like to notice trends and am a completely statistical person. I've noticed the more I talk about myself, the more people read. Which makes me wonder:

Am I really that interesting?

I am humble and believe I am not.  There must be something about me listing the details of my life that make me more relatable and since you listen to that, I'll write more of it! It makes me wonder what part about my life are you interested in? The fact I'm in graduate school and working at the same time? My relationship with Tyler? The way I write about the little things in life that you can relate to? 

Who knows! And you know what? I"ll probably never know because I can't go to each one of your houses and figure out what goes on in your head. 

So, in order to introduce you more to myself, yet keep my privacy because this is a public blog and all, here is a list of 10 particular things about myself. I'm a very detailed oriented person and have a lot of quirks to me.


 1. I have to wake up at least 2 hours earlier than any event in the morning I have.
2. I like the adrenaline rush of when I'm really stressed. It worries, yet excites me.
3. I have the same things on my nightstand when I go to bed every night. 
4. Watching Nick-at-Nite helps me go to sleep.
5. I like to wear dresses because I don't like clothes that hug to my body.
6. I find it super hard to eat breakfast because it gives me stomach aches. 
7. I always watch a tv show on my laptop when I straighten my hair. 
8. There are a lot of "older lady" fashion pieces I want, but feel I shouldn't buy yet.
9. I've tried to get used to coffee for months now and still don't like it. 
10. I have two monthly calendars, one weekly calendar, and a post-it I keep up with everyday.

If I were to see a lesson in the post, I would have to talk about the fact that we are all different and all have our quirks. I'm starting to realize that maybe these little details are what people like to read about. Sometimes people tend to hide these facts about themselves for fear of looking different. But just as I tell the students I work with, if we all strived to be the same type of person, then we wouldn't be unique and in turn we would not be that interesting. Can you picture every car on the road being the same make and model? No. that would be boring. It's the same things with people. 

Enjoy what makes you YOU. Don't be afraid to be yourself and don't doubt when you have proof people find what you say interesting. 

Also, I realize that posts with photos are much more interesting to read, so I will try to post more photos. See here, the first step is to find the camera: check! 



Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.
Philippians 4:8

No comments:

Post a Comment